Which edding product can I use on unglazed, fired pottery?

For writing on unglazed pottery we recommend you use our edding 4000 matt paint markers and edding 4040 matt paint markers. These two pen models have different stroke widths and are available in a very wide range of colours.

Our edding 1255 calligraphy pens and edding 1455 calligraphy markers are excellent for decorating pots like these, and you can use them to add some fabulous decorative handwriting.

Please be aware that unglazed pottery will absorb the ink, so in some cases the characters can become somewhat blurred. That's why we always recommend drawing a few test strokes on an inconspicuous area first.

Was this article helpful?